Friday, June 2, 2017

Which Maui Hotel Is The Best? A Resort With Education & Culture

Which Maui hotel is the best; this is probably the first question you’ll ask when planning your trip to the island. Since Hawaii is such an epic travel destination, there are so many hotels to choose from, that you may find yourself exhausted and overwhelmed.

 

Which Maui Hotel Is Best

Take it easy though, because island life is all about relaxing (that is why you’re vacationing here right?!) If you want to know which Maui hotel is best, you won’t have to search much longer after this.

Which Maui Hotel Is Best

Which Maui Hotel Is Best?

I’ve done the research, and my best answer for you is, Wailea Beach Resort by Marriott. Before staying here, I knew that I was comfortable with Marriott hotels, but when trying to figure out which Maui Marriot is best, I came across Wailea Beach Resort.

Which Maui Hotel Is Best

It turns out that this Maui resort is the oldest in Wailea, and after undergoing a recent renovation, it’s technically the newest. So, I had to check it out!

Maui, Where Is The Best Place To Stay?

What did I love about the location? Hands down, the view, making this resort the best hotel in the area! Because the resort backs up right to the Pacific, and overlooks the islands, I started each day on my balcony, overlooking the ocean and the avid exercisers, running along the beach path.

Which Maui Hotel Is Best

Why Else Did I Love It?

 

The Romance

Which Maui Hotel Is Best

I don’t have any kids, so for me, one of the most important things about a Maui vacation resort was the romance factor. I first noticed the charm when I drove into the resort at night, through the illuminated tunnel of winding trees. As I checked in and got ‘laid’ with  fresh orchids, I noticed cozy couples snuggling up under the Tiki torches, and swinging in hanging baskets with a view.

Which Maui Hotel Is Best

Plus the infinity pools and private cabanas, gave couples a way to relax together that was both open and private all at once. Maui, where to stay on honeymoon; you won’t need to look any further than this!

Which Maui Hotel Is Best

The Activities

 

While beach lounging was certainly on my itinerary, I can’t help but get a little bored just staring out at the waves. So, activities are huge for me! I found this place so packed with things to do, that I hardly had the urge to leave the resort. If you’re asking yourself, Maui, where to snorkel? Or, Maui, where to see turtles?

Which Maui hotel is best

The answer is at Wailea Beach Resort. I rented a snorkeling mask from the hotel and walked right from the grounds into the water to see a whole underwater world of fish and coral. And, as I was hoping to, spotted a few turtles while I was looking around.

 

I also tried the outrigger canoe experience, where I was paired with a local guide who took me out in this traditional canoe and gave me the low down on the island’s history (you guys know how much I love pairing learning with travel.)

Which Maui hotel is best

He was super knowledgeable and even blew into a conch shell and gave a traditional chant to start things off. It felt good to row the canoe after spending so much time drinking Kona beer on draft during happy hour! Plus, we saw a bunch of turtles coming up for air and were able to get close enough to them to get a good look.

 

The Culture

 

Maui, which hotel is best? The answer to this question is different for everyone, but for me, a place that had Hawaiian culture was important. I’m usually not the type of traveler that sits around a resort all day because I like to get an idea of the local culture and get some kind of education during my stay. It’s hard to really understand Hawaiian culture from a hotel, but this resort did a great job of bringing some of that culture to its guests.

Which Maui hotel is best

The first thing I did was organize a private Ukulele lesson with the onsite culture organizer. Her name was Rachel and she told me that she was local to Maui, and had lived there all her life. She came dressed with a traditional Haku (flower crown) that she made with fresh flowers from her garden, and taught me enough chords on the Ukulele to play a song!

Which Maui hotel is best

She schooled me on the history of the instrument and showed me her traditional chant before we left. Rachel is also a pro Hula dancer so guests can arrange private/group hula lessons as well as workshops on how to make leis.Which Maui hotel is best

Which Maui hotel is best

Which Maui Luau Is Best?

 

To find out which Maui Luau is best, you won’t have to go far. As part of my Hawaiian culture search, I decided to join the onsite luau (my first one ever!) It couldn’t have been a better experience.

Which Maui hotel is best

They pulled the pig right out of the ground, where it was cooked in the traditional style, and immediately carved it up to serve with the buffet of other traditional dishes. In fact, many luaus will used pre-cooked pork that comes from the back kitchen, instead of carving up the pig that came out of the ground directly.

Which Maui hotel is best

The evening was filled with Mai Tais, Pina Coladas, and local wine, while performances of hula, the haka, and fire dancing came across the stage. Which Maui Luau is best? After my time there, I am convinced that it’s this one. And, even if you’re not staying at the hotel, and you’re thinking, Maui, where to eat? Try attending one of the luaus here!

 

The Family Friendly Atmosphere

 

OK, I know that I don’t exactly have a family, but I was impressed with the resort’s ability to accommodate people traveling to Maui with family. Honestly, if you are visiting Maui with kids, this resort is THE place! They have a whole section dedicated to family, and I wish that my parents would have brought me some place like this when I was a kid.

Which Maui hotel is best

They have water park level slides and obstacle courses that go straight into the pool! And, the even had a movie room with bean bag chairs and free popcorn where kids could go and watch nightly films. Even if you are visiting Maui with toddlers, there will be something for them to do!

Which Maui hotel is best

Which Maui hotel is best

And, opening this month, is their kid’s center, where parents can actually drop off their children, ages 5-12, for a few hours of play. The center has a whole library of Hawaiian themed children’s books, games, and a schedule for resort excursions and learning workshops like the hula and the Ukulele.

Which Maui hotel is best

So, which Maui hotel is best? The answer is entirely up to your preference, but, for me, the Wailea Beach Resort took the cake!

WANT TO BOOK THE WAILEA BEACH RESORT? JUST CLICK HERE!

Which Maui hotel is best

Note: The stay at Wailea Beach Resort was complimentary, but all opinions are my own.  

 

The post Which Maui Hotel Is The Best? A Resort With Education & Culture appeared first on Lives Abroad.



from Lives Abroad http://ift.tt/2qOSMQT

No comments:

Post a Comment